Monday, February 14, 2011

Invitation

Let's have a discussion on what we know and don't know about Jesse P Caudill and other early Caudills in the Virginia, North Carolina and Kentucky area.

I'm a direct descendant of Jesse P Caudill (1795-1891) and his first wife Sarah Roberts (1801-1841) through their son Hugh B Caudill (1826-abt1900) and his wife Elizabeth Blevins (1827-aft1879).

There's much information that can be documented but some information such as who were Jesse P's parents has yet to be proven. I for one do not believe Jesse P's parents are James Caudill Jr and Mary Adams as many people have listed on their linage. I'll explain what evidence I think exists that's points elsewhere in my following posts.

Feel free to jump in at any time! You don't have to agree with my findings but please give the details when you don't. Also, this blog is not limited to the topic of who Jesse P's parents are. I hope to cover many more topics over time. 

Note: While I use the CAUDILL spelling for the last name because that's what my line of the family settled on, the name has been spelled many different ways over the years and still today. Some of the lines using other spellings have been proven to be related via DNA testing. Have you had your DNA tested?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm related to Jesse P Caudill through his daughter Pheroby (many alternate spellings) on my mother's side. I'm somewhat disappointed that Jesse may not be related to James Codill, Revolutionary War Soldier. If only early settlers had kept better records..but I guess they were busy trying to keep body and soul together. It's all an interesting puzzle and certainly has the potential to make history come alive. The pictures are interesting. Thanks for your info. I'll keep looking. S. Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Candace Caudill daughter of Jesse P is my Great Grandmother.

    Cant beleive i have found out so much about the family.


    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mother in law was a Caudill. Ennice Molly Caudill/Weaver. Her father moved out from NC as a young adult, Amos. The oldest relative I have proven is James Caudill Sr. 1727 m. Mary Yarborough.
    I was lucky enough to purchase Appalachian Crossroads all 4 vol. Which made my research a lot easier as the Amos Caudill family was traceable. My Mother-in-law remembers going back to NC as a young girl to meet the rest of the family. I would love to get copies of any photos of family as well as story that may have been passed down. Thank-you

    ReplyDelete